Monday, January 18, 2010

Sardine Salvation~ the first success!





After an almost sleepless-with-worry night, I went to the garage first thing this morning. My nerves were palpable. When I peeked in the window, I almost cried. There, looking pitiful inside 2 cages, were Coco and Puff. The first success in this 2 week adventure.

Puff gave a few words of protest, Coco gave none. They were mildly afraid when I entered the garage, but not nearly as frantic as I thought they would be. I put them side by side on a carpet piece and covered them with an old blanket I had cut up for just this occasion. Now we wait. Which feels excruciating. The wonderful Susan, who volunteers at the shelter and drove out to give me the cages, won't be able to pick them up until the end of her work day today. Because Niagara Feline Friends is a private shelter with no public drop-in access, I cannot whisk them away myself. As well, I would have great trouble carrying a cage by myself over the mound of tires in between the garages. So we wait.

But the day will pass and at its end, these 2 beautiful souls will be in a warmer, food-filled place and on their way to a more loving life. I will clean up the sardines in the garage and start fresh again in high hopes Creamsicle will allow herself to come along too. Or maybe Cross Eyed Blue will come back and decide to dine on sardines. I will be keeping track. Because all 4 of these cats have invaded my heart and I can do nothing but see this through.

To the kind and loving people who have offered to send a donation to Niagara Feline Friends to help pay for the vet care expenses for the gang of 4, I will be sending you information today in your email or on your blog. Susan, from the shelter, will be sending photos and updates on the cats so we can all keep track of them until they (fingers crossed) find happy homes.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/18/2010

    Congratulations on your efforts and for hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These souls will be waiting for you my friend till you meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/18/2010

    This made me smile :-)

    Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY,HAPPY,JOY,JOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such wonderful, heart-lifting news! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for caring for those beautiful kitties! I wish them all very happy & love-filled lives. Bless you for your compassionate heart :)

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot woot! Yippeee!! This is such good news. I so hope the other two will follow. Thank you, Graciel. Caring people like you are rare in this world. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel