Monday, January 02, 2012

The Soul In Bloom~ online course and retreat





Not long ago, a question was posed to me~ where do you feel most at home? I could not answer and the not answering squeezed my heart. I realized my sense of home was shaky at best, and in that realization deeper explanations could be found.

So, I took that question and walked among the trees. The trees told me it was time to honor all aspects of home; my body as first home, my dwelling as second, the earth as third. In honoring that trinity I would finally and irrevocably come home to myself. And being at home with myself would transform my life.

I ask it of you~ where do you feel most at home? Let's find out together. Come home along with me. Let's bloom.  xo, Graciel

The Soul In Bloom
~home edition~
online course and retreat

Online~ February 25th through April 5th, 2012
Retreat~ Saturday, March 24th in Buffalo, NY

Take the online course only for $65
or
Take the course and come to the all day retreat for $95

Click HERE to register
{Registration closes on Friday, February 24th at bedtime in NY.}

LIKE The Soul In Bloom Facebook page.


Questions? thesoulinbloom@gmail.com

Together, in The Soul In Bloom~ home edition, we are going to be inwardly attentive and outwardly practical. We are going to learn things that can improve the quality of our lives and make us feel more at home with ourselves. We will focus on our bodies, our dwellings and mother earth.

The 6 week online course will include lessons in the following~
  • posture alignment and breath practice
  • body chemistry and nutrition
  • releasing tension in the shoulders, neck and head
  • embracing color as a life-changing tool
  • the basics and benefits of floral design
  • sustainable square foot vegetable gardening
  • energetically cleansing our home
  •  transforming our home to support our passion
  • the healing power of trees
We will also discuss what passion/activity makes our souls feel at home, the ability of grief to re-shape our notion of what home is, and we'll show off our pets.

How~ we will meet in a private blog for lessons and videos, and share photos in a private Flickr group.
The course will remain open for 6 weeks beyond the finish date for lesson and video review.

What is needed~ you will need high speed internet, a camera and the ability to upload photos, a Flickr.com account (sign up for free) and flowers of your choosing for the floral design lesson.

Instructors~ Graciel, Kasia Cummings, Lisa O'Connor LMT, Christine Claire Reed, David Clark (our horticulturalist and token male!), Emmy Wild Woman, Debi Smith Kaich Jones, Kelly Letky and Dr. Amy Tolbert, PhD.

My Wish~ is that you will actively participate throughout our 6 weeks together. As much as I will teach and facilitate, I also want to learn from everyone's wisdom and examples. We all have the potential to be resources and support for each other on our journey to home. And I really want to see your pets.


The March 24th All Day Retreat
in Buffalo, NY

Some things are just more fun and effective in person. We're going to get to know each other online for 4 weeks, and then give ourselves the opportunity to deepen the connection. We're going to meet in my tiny-town-that-time-forgot on the outskirts of Buffalo, NY. I affectionately call it Mayberry. (There are no stoplights, but plenty of church bells and eateries and a creek with a waterfall close by.)

When~ Saturday, March 24th from 9am to 5pm

Itinerary~
  • Morning refreshments (i.e. coffee and tea to settle us in)
  • Introduction circle (Remember elementary school "show and tell?" Yeh, bring a little something along from your journey to home.)
  • Tuning Fork demonstration with my favorite natural healer, Janice Meier. Everyone gets a mini balancing and the sound benefits from observing one full-body healing. 10-minute brain balancing sessions with Janice will be available after her demonstration. $10 per. If you've never experienced the peace of vibrational healing, you won't want to miss this!
  • Lunch~ everyone is on their own. Bring your own or patronize one of the 6 different eateries within spitting distance of our gathering.
  • Organic Gardening 101 with Horticulturalist David Clark. Because we need sustainable knowledge in these uncertain times, and besides, our bodies and Mother Earth would appreciate the effort. Bring your questions for David. He'll have the answers!
  • Tea tasting with ~ Bellocq Tea Atelier. Because tea is how I comfort myself and this tea company, with it's exquisite and refined blends, is the best I've ever tasted. And I am a tea snob connoisseur. I'm also related to the owner, who used to be a deputy food editor for Martha Stewart Living magazine. But nevermind that. This tea company is the bomb.
  • Closing circle and whatever comes to mind for deeper connection. We'll go with the flow.
If you can come to the Retreat, we'll square away all the details through email.
Attendance is limited.
If you're coming from out of town, we'll figure out together how to make it work. Keep in mind, Niagara Falls is about 30 or 40 minutes away from Buffalo. And Buffalo has amazing architectural wonders. (Ever heard of Frank Lloyd Wright?) Why not make a weekend out of it?

Email me at: thesoulinbloom@gmail.com
Take the online course only for $65
or
Take the course and come to the all day retreat for $95

Click HERE to register

Thank you and much love,
Graciel

10 comments:

  1. Yippee! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The retreat sounds wonderful! Now if I was only nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan Lukaszewski1/04/2012

    I said before but it bears repeating YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds heavenly, Graciel.
    You are gonna rock this dream of yours by sharing it with the masses. And I love that! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister and I have just registered for the course and the retreat! What a treat that this is so close to home and we can attend!

    I am very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This sounds like a power packed day!! Oh how I wish I could run away and play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 days to go - Thank you for asking me to be a part of The Soul-In-Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. excited!
    Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to meeting my Fellow Bloomers, this Saturday, March 24, 2012 at the Akron House. Bring your Horticulture questions, and share your gardening successes and failures.
    Blessings -
    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. my soul needs this so badly - can't wait for tomorrow ...

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel