Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Prayers Answered



I am bursting with joy! Our prayers were answered. This morning at 8am, I peeked in the window at the garage and oh-my-God the trap was shut! I called work to say I would be late. I hurried inside and there was Creamsicle. Mad as hell. M-a-d a-s H-E-L-L! Hissing and ramming himself (guessing he's a boy now) against the sides of the trap. I gingerly put him on a carpet piece and covered him up to calm him. It worked. I left. But I wasn't sure at that time how he would get to the shelter and was fretful he had to be in the trap all day.

Not to worry, the prayers were still working their magic. The wonderful Susan, of rescue/shelter fame was originally supposed to be unavailable today to help me. That changed by mid morning and suddenly the plan was made for Susan's husband and son to get Creamsicle out of the garage and into the shelter long before I was getting out of work. Serious joy overtook me.

To top it off, Susan sent the pictures of Coco and Puff (aka Gwen) in their new "adjustment home" at the shelter. I'm thrilled with the size of it and the lovely accessories. Susan went back to see them last night. She said that both cats came to the front when she opened the door and allowed themselves to be petted. Such a good sign!

So thank you to everyone who said a kind word to coax our Creamsicle to a better life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. More pictures and updates from Susan will be coming very soon. And if no one else at the shelter has the same name, I would like to choose Pam's offering of "Gabriel" as Creamsicle's new name. Pam and her Mom, all the way over in Washington State, have taken a special interest in these beautiful strays and offered gracious support. "Raphael" will be the second option, should a furry Gabriel already exist at the shelter. Thank you to all the ladies for the wonderful name selections. ( I heart Lottie!)

This just arrived. And it made me cry.

xo, Graciel


p.s. I have not seen the cross-eyed Blue since January 13th. I haven't forgotten him. I will be setting up the food bowl again and checking to see if he shows up.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Graciel, this is such wonderful news! That last picture made me cry too. Creamsicle/Gabriel looks so content and happy to be reunited with the others and in such a nice clean, warm, and roomy place too. Bless your heart, bless your heart! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/20/2010

    Gabriel was the angel that came to the Virgin Mary to tell her she would give birth to the Son of God (and also informed her of Elizabeth's pregnancy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YAY!!! I am so excited. Will call my mom right away. They look so happy. thanks so much for the nice link too - first time anyone has done that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/20/2010

    Graciel, they are all snuggled and content. Such a lovely sight. What, though, of number four, the little cross-eyed one?

    E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabriel is also the angel who revealed the Qur'an to the prophet Muhammad.

    Gabriel is the angel of writers and the angel of communication. "He" assists us in following our life's path and souls calling.

    Not a bad bloke to have around, I'd say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful news! I am sure these beautiful cats will soon find good homes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angels were looking out for Creamsicle, probably even conned him into the trap! Maybe Crossed-Eyed Blue will never return, maybe she was their Guardian Angel in disguise of a cat, Angels among us..wear so many faces and show up in the strangest places! or maybe it was Pinky in disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful!! Made me cry, too. I am so happy for those kitties :)

    Thank you, thank you! (and thank you to the wonderful no-kill shelter people, too!)

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go G. I was thinking they should be named Gracie and Star as a way to remember the great lady that saved them from an unknown life in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1/22/2010

    This is SOOOOOOOO WONDERFUL I can hardly keep my composure!

    I AM SERIOUSLY DOING THE HAPPY DANCE for you and the kitties!!

    Those photos are PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel