Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stray Cat Valentine, part 1

Bella, wide-eyed and scared at the adoption fair.
Ginny-Puff hiding as best she could.
Puff crawled right on top of Bella. So scared!
Kasia Blue soothes her new fur-daughters.
So, so glad they're going home together!



It was a privilege today, to witness 2 of the winter strays meet their new adoptive family. Not just any family, but the family of my dear Kasia Blue. Bella (formerly known as Coco) and Ginny-Puff were so afraid in their adoption fair cage. Puff walked right on top of Bella, out of fear or protection, when too many faces began peering in. They melted all our hearts.

Adoption papers were signed, fees were paid and suddenly the fur girls were officially Valentines, on their way home to be fawned over and loved for the rest of their lives. Kasia and me did our best not to cry. But how could we not? We have gifted each other in meaningful ways, all in the name of love and cats.

For now, Creamsicle will bunk with Sebastian Blue. Both boys are in need of more love and work to quell their fears and make them adoption ready. The wonderful Susan of Niagara Feline Friends is fully convinced they'll get there.

So, on to the next chapter in this story of stray cats and love. Kasia will take it from here with the girls (I'll keep you posted when she has an update), and me, I've got plans in the works to keep answering the call to help cats. I'll be sure to fill you in.

Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my. They look so scared. I'm so glad they've found a home together. I will keep sending good thoughts to them and to Creamsicle and Blue too. I hope they can start adjusting to allowing themselves to be loved soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done so very well my dearest friend. And I'm gladd to hear you keep up this extra job. Good on you. God sure picked out the right person!

    Keep forgetting to tell you about your design flowers...how I love them. You do a great creative thing with those. Can you tell us more about it?

    Talk soon Graciel.Sweet hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for letting me know. I am so thrilled for them all and just checked Kasia's site. It will be slow. Our cat swatted our dog for about 3 months before he decided it was ok to curl up next to her. Ahh patience - what a gift!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel