Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Valentine

I've spent all week working to make Valentine's Day special for other people. Tomorrow, when every last rose and every pink carnation has found its way into the hearts and homes of local women, I will put my floral knife away. I will sweep up the petals and left over leaves and I will go home. Alone and guaranteed, exhausted.

But cupid will not have forgotten me. My phone will ring and a voice, 6,000 miles away, will make me laugh and swoon. And we'll make plans across those miles. Plans to buy chocolates and roses and walk by the sea. We'll be Valentines in Spring, the Gypsy King and me.

5 comments:

  1. Those sound like wonderful plans indeed, Graciel. This post made me smile. Happy Valentine's Day to you!


    The word verification for this comment on this post is: "right."

    The love between you and your Gypsy King seems "right" to me, as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for plans! Happy Valentines day to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I'm so gladd to read you will be Valentine's soon....I'm happy for you. Meet your loved one again in spring.
    How wonderful it is to have phones...for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! These flowers are as beautiful as your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will surely have the best Valentine's of any of us. That is for certain. So happy to hear you are meeting up with him again...that is fantastic. xo

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel