Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Please Save Pull Tabs

Well, isn't this special. I was tagged in a little bit of online fun by Curious Girl. It goes like this:

1. Open your first photo folder.
2. Scroll down to your 10th photo.
3. Post the photo and the story behind it.
4. Tag 5 people to play along.

Okay, first of all, this is picture 11. I cheated already. But the 10th picture was way out of focus. So, we've got nuns asking for pull-tabs instead. God, bless Sister Marie Attea and her cohorts for trying to save the world, one can of soda pop (couldn't be beer!) at a time.

The folder on my computer this Sister was plucked from is loaded to the brim with church architecture. Here in Buffalo, NY, we have mind-blowing examples of intricate architecture from the 1800's into the early 1900's. It's just that no one outside of Buffalo knows about it. So, I am known to traipse around the city with friends and cameras, soaking the glory in through my lens. The pull tab receptacle, outside a church, was a bonus I couldn't pass up.

I tag:
and YOU!

5 comments:

  1. Tomorrow. All my images are in the other computer. (I'm just glad you wern't asking us to find OLD pull tabs. Man. Talk about a time warp moment. :)

    xo
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless the sisters indeed! Fun post, Graciel! I'll have to look in my folders and see what I find there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this will be fun. I'm going along. Love this picture and the story. I'll look up mine and post it tomorrow (after I'll be back from the hairdresser when I cut my hair). See you dear friend.
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the open tag! It was a lot of fun. I've already posted mine here:
    http://bluemoonmama.com

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel