Sunday, October 04, 2009

Turkish Delight





We can be changed by many things; travel being one of them. When travel is combined with wholehearted openness to the new, the change within can be profound. When travel and openness are combined with the force of love, the change within is life altering. Irreversible. Hold-onto-your-hat-you-will-never-be-the-same. And you will be so damn glad.

So when the stars aligned and courage was gathered, the Gypsy King of Babylon sent his magic carpet to fly me half way around the world. I got on. I flew. I landed in a strange paradise. I was changed from the first breath of salted air. Now, after almost 4 days of basking in the warmth of Turkish delight and the protective force of Gypsy love, if you thought you knew me, you no longer do. I, too, no longer know myself. And I am so damn glad.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/04/2009

    Okay...this gave me goosebumps. Is this what I think it is!?!?! Email me if you have any time in that beautiful Beauty! :) (yay...says my heart to yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Graciel.

    This is SO incredibly amazing.

    (To quote my dear hubby upon him hearing the story, "Wow! That's wild! That's off the charts!"

    And yes, I am SO DAMN GLAD for you ~ and the POWER OF LOVE.

    I am literally weeping with joy at your new-found bliss and unknown self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/04/2009

    My Dearest Schmoo~

    YES! YES! YES!

    My heart and eyes are bursting and flowing over for the happiness you are experiencing!

    XO~SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOHOOO!!! Here's to your heart unfolding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and beautiful! Enjoy your blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Graciel, my heart is full with happiness for the magic that's happening in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to jump on a plane without even knowing where it will take me. Congratulations on getting to a place that showed you even more of yourself. I'm sure I don't need to say it but… enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shut. Up.
    Graciel....OMG. OMG.

    A trip to Niagara on the Lake is in order the minute you get back. Yes it will pale in comparison to this but GRACIEL...you can lower your standards of travel for one day to meet me and talk of LOVE in Turkey.

    I'm so happy for you YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks and sounds like a wonderful place to be. I'm so glad you are having a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel