Friday, October 16, 2009

Sound and Sane

Against all odds, listen to your instincts. In the face of the fear of others, listen to your instincts. Listen close, listen long. Be clear on what you are hearing and feeling.

Then follow. Follow the guiding light of your own inner wisdom. Only you know what is best for you. Only you have the innate ability to never lead yourself astray.

If you sit in a paradise of your own making, you can be sure you have listened to your instincts well. They seek the very best for you. Always. If you sit in uncertainty or discomfort or any one of the levels of hell, you can be sure, 100% sure, you have ignored the wisdom within.

Stop doubting. What you hear and feel is valid. That idea, that desire, that crazy impulse is sound and sane. For you. Perhaps not for any one else. But in matters pertaining to your life, the opinions of others don't matter.

Know this. Live this. Reap the life you deserve.

To thine own self be true.


{Photo: garden seating outside a teeny-tiny knitting shop in Buyukada.}

5 comments:

  1. Oh Graciel, this is wonderful. To read your words. Just had this huge conversation with a dear friend about all this you're talking about. So trough. But thanks for letting me know 'again'! I'm so in the need of hearing this over and over again. sigh. Hugs from me to you my friend. Can't wait for the day to meet you. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how IN TUNE this is with what I've just been journalling about...it is so so so so needed for us to hear this. Each time it is made new from different lips, in a different mix of words and letters, it becomes something shiny and new each time I hear it. Thank you thank you and thank you again for listening to YOUR heart...we ALL BENEFIT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/17/2009

    Yes. I am here with you. It is up to us to see things clearly and wisely. Only we know our own depths, and, of course, are sometimes surprised by it. We don't always realize how open and grand we can be. Thanking for taking that step for yourself, it is an inspiration for all us looking for the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this timely and true advice.

    Indeed, I am struggling with trusting what I believe to be my inner wisdom.

    Right now, I feel like I have the incredible ability to lead myself astray in search of my soul. I am hoping that the World Peace Yoga conference this coming weekend ~ and counseling sessions with my husband (something we've never done in our 19 years together) will give me the clarity I seek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dagmar, Katie, Elise and Lisa~ bear hugs and gratitude to you all.

    much love, Graciel

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel