Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Pray To The Birds



If ever there was a poem for me, this is it. I stumbled upon it just the other day. Where ever you are Terry Tempest, thank you for hearing the words of my heart and writing them down.

I pray to the birds because I believe they will carry the messages of my heart upward.

I pray to them because I believe in their existence,
the way their songs begin and end each day~
the invocations and benedictions of the Earth.
I pray to the birds because they remind me of what I love rather than what I fear.
And at the end of my prayers, they teach me how to listen.
Terry Tempest

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/10/2009

    you are kind !
    pci compliance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry Tempest Williams is an amazing writer -- I have devoured every word she has in print. All fantastic. You might really enjoy her book "Leap".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of the saying, "On a wing and a prayer." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/14/2009

    Oh, this IS wonderful!

    We started hearing them again this year on February 1st :-)
    And just yesterday, I heard a red-winged blackbird for the first time this year. I rushed to the window to find it ~ and sure enough, there it was! What a welcome sight!

    Listening. Indeed, what a gift.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel