Monday, February 16, 2009

The Technology Of Blooming



I've been setting aside money, tucking the 10 and 20 dollar notes into small envelopes marked "printer" and "camera". "It's time to open your petals a bit further", my instincts called out. "It's time to see how the next level of technology can pull more creativity up from within". Last week, when the envelopes were full, the purchases were made.
Hello, my new Fujifilm Finepix S8100 with your 10 megapixels and your lovely macro abilities. You're more than what I've ever had in digital, but thankfully, less intimidating than the professional SLRs. Hello, my new HP Photosmart All-In-One printer/scanner/copier. Since I have not had a printer of any level in more than 3 years, and never before a scanner, you my friend, are the bomb. Just enough capability for a novice like me. And hello, bonus download of Photoshop. I think you will blow my Printshop program away. But for now, you intimidate me, so don't be offended when I avoid you for days on end. Baby steps are required. And lots of free time for investigation. I've been told, however, you will rock my world after our very first kiss.
As if my head wasn't already swimming in the deep end after this influx of untapped potential, I have signed myself up for an e-course. The lovely and brave Susannah, of Ink On My Fingers fame, is offering an 8 week photography course called "Ways Of Seeing Myself". It's her first of many photography/writing/video e-courses that help a soul to see Itself more clearly, with more love. I'm one of 116 lucky students taking the plunge into self revelation. It begins today.
There is no longer any excuse to stay tight in a bud. It's time to allow more visibility. It's time to find out what can be revealed and healed and pulled up from my creative well. Click, whirrrrr, shudder, flash. It's time to get on with the blooming.

3 comments:

  1. How EXCITING! I look forward to your new burst of creativity:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new adventures ahead, Graciel! The new equipment looks like a lot of fun. Good luck with your e-course too. Always learning, always changing, always growing---all good things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, fun! I can't wait to see what you do with it all. I've been thinking of a photography class myself. I think I'm to the point where I need some help, and you've just given me inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel