Monday, November 10, 2008

The Power Of Words


Niagara River. Canada on the left, U.S.A. on the right

Culinary Shop, Queen St., Niagara on the Lake

My Beloved Neighbor, Canada (I can see you from my house!)

Irish Tea Room on Queen St.
The Lovely Gillian
Dear Gillian,
Yes. It is all about the power of words. I agree they shape our world. They manifest or they take away. As we speak, as we write, as we declare, so shall our world be. Words offer opportunity and create pathways to our greater good. Had I never had the courage to begin writing in a public forum, I would never have met you. Had I never used words to express who I am, my world would be less sweet today. But I began writing and I continue writing and I wrote a path to you.
Today, over lunch and shopping in Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, I discovered you are a kindred soul. Not only do you write a blog I adore, you are mad for taking pictures, and are passionate about tea. As if that weren't enough to make me swoon, you love rocks and crystals and are wise beyond your years. Thank you for the reminder that choosing a direction, picturing the outcome and surrendering the request to the Universe is a sure-fire way to make dreams come true. Thank you for being so steadfast in your knowing that to stay in the moment, to focus on NOW, is the key to calm and peace within. You are beautiful inside and out.
On my return trip, while crossing the bridge back to the U.S., Elton John sang one of my favorite songs: Mona Lisas and Madhatters. I sang aloud the line, "I thank the Lord there are people out there like you". I am grateful. Thank you for a beautiful day. Thank you for being so open. Thank you for showing me if I am true to myself, if I use the power of my words well, good things and good circumstances and good people come along. What a nice life, aye?

4 comments:

  1. Oh you are so nice. It was MY pleasure meeting you....our cold blustery day was fraught with tea, crab cakes, shopping and chats! Everything I adore!!!
    I am happy we decided to make the road trip. Such fun.
    Spring, again but this time I'll show you around Toronto, you will LOVE it.
    Plan to stay a night.
    xoxo
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lovely tribute to a new friend:) I have always wanted to visit Niagara on the Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/17/2008

    I popped over from Gillian's blog. I am lucky enough to live in Niagara-on-the-Lake .... did you have the crab cakes at the Irish Store? I've never eaten there but everything always looks so tasty when I pop in. We by our "Barry's Tea" there and even though it is tremendously expensive it is the best cuppa around!
    Cheers and thanks for visting our little town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't she a lovely person, not only physically but spiritually? She has the kindest heart. One day I hope to meet her and Maddie, they are like twins.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel