Sunday, March 03, 2013

Not Yet



There is small snow racing and swirling its way to the ground. I can see it through the tiny, lace-free squares of the lace curtain. I would rather it be sunshine flooding the space of those tiny squares. I would rather it be warm enough not to snow.

I am getting ahead of myself with wishes of spring and a convictionless impulse to flip open the latch of my invisible restraint. These times of quiet have left me with a smaller sense of wonder and smaller known purpose. I am restless and drained all at once, waiting for spark, for daffodils, for life renewed.

But the season says no, not yet. There is more to contemplate and idle healing to be had, more looking in than out. Hurry is not the way. Great shifts need great foundations. And so the snow, small and meaningful, swirls.

In the quiet, I can hear the daffodils begin to wake.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! We do want to move on ahead, but it is so true that "great shifts need great foundations". Wishing you the patience and fortitude to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as though you took the words right out of my mouth . . . although I'm sure I wouldn't have described it so beautifully. I yearn for spring but it seems nature is not quite ready to grace us with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something magical in just seeing the earth come alive once more. My daffodils began opening their beautiful faces just yesterday. Oh does that make my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel