Friday, August 26, 2011

forks and the next magazine



I'm obsessed with tarnishing forks, yet none of the many, too many, fork still-lifes I've photographed made the cut. I'm finishing the last details of my autumn Soul In Bloom magazine and the forks have no where to be inside the pages. The pages are about illness and healing and worth and death. And life. There is rich color, as autumn is wont to display, and words to ease and soothe the soul.

I have experience with illness, personal and next of kin. As I finish this edition, my Aunt is in her last stages of ovarian cancer. I spent a recent day with her in anguish and grace. I learned 10 years of wisdom in 10 and a half hours. She helped me choose a barn photograph to include. It will appear on the back cover. This edition is dedicated to her and my Uncle. It is unlikely my Aunt will see it.

The autumn edition is my most personal. It is filled with the essence of the women in my life who have journeyed through difficult times, my Aunt and Mother included. Just now, I realize it is a magazine meant for women in need, and the men and women who support them. It is my hope this edition will find its way into the hands of those who need to know they are not alone.



The autumn edition of The Soul In Bloom magazine
will be available by mid-September.

5 comments:

  1. i have no words. but i will say to you as i just said to someone else - i am here and i love you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you dear girl...I'm thinking of you and the women in your life so much...hoping the transitions are peaceful and full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a peek at this one my friend. So good of you you did all this. I'm thinking of you and your aunt. Sending hugs but now checking out this book you're talking about....ps I loooove silver ware too. giggles here (thought I was the only nutcase).
    Hugs D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. could you do me a favour? Ask for Katiebird to mail me or get in contact with me other than blog. I lost her blog adres and can't get acces to her new one and I miss her. See's leaving comments on mine and I'm not able to respond and I feel awful about it. Thank you my friend.
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will find its way, I am sure of it, it is filled with truth and beauty and most of all, love.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel