Monday, April 25, 2011

While Dreams And Whistles Waft





 I don't live close to train tracks, but there are precognitive winds blowing and I now hear train whistles morning and night announcing movement and change. I have been dreaming in the thin hours before dawn of awakenings; of a childhood friend held in suspended animation inside a clothes bag, hanging in a basement for one year, who suddenly unzipped the bag and walked out; of a lidless, ramshackle coffin sitting on a workbench, again in a basement, with the corpse of a man too big for its confines who began talking to me as I passed him by. He had decided it was time to get back to the business of living life. So he did.

And so, it seems, must I.

Stress has been stupefying. Words and wishes have been lost. Health, the first and only true wealth, has ridden the rails towards calamity. It's time to listen deeply to what my soul would choose if all possibilities lay shining at my feet.

In the movement and the changes to come, in the awakenings that bring me back to life, I will find the only true thing I have been missing while dreams and whistles waft~ the animating force of myself.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/25/2011

    These photo's are so lovely...I love the idea of wrapping the bulb in paper like this.

    I'm so sorry to hear that life has been overwhelming Graciel. I'm sure that pulling back to regroup was the best thing to do and now...here you are with these beautiful words expressing your desire for wholeness.

    (I'm so glad you stopped by...hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've told you before how I as sick for a year once. And while I wouldn't wish that on anyone and certainly would never want to go back, it did change my life (ultimately for the better). That possibilities thing, it all comes into focus when so much of what we take for granted every day becomes impossible because of the limitations our bodies can put on us.
    I hope that by now you are feeling better.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel