Wednesday, January 08, 2014

winterlude

Woody's Beerman with snow


there was a saucepan of cheater's chili simmering on the stove and i ate it right from the pan, standing in front of the burner. we're having a winterlude, called by some, "the blizzard of twenty fourteen" and i've got things to do. like, getting on with the business of turning back towards life after a long, long pause in which that turn was, at times, doubtful. but the timeline on stasis seemingly ran out and moment by moment a word returned to me. that word, joy, was a choice and a mantra from a few years back and let me tell you it failed miserably as a word i lived by for whatever year that was. and so, it presents itself again and this time, i am buying it. because it has already injected itself into my year, even my end of last year.

i had entirely forgotten what joy felt like.

it is not big, it is little.

it came full on in a holiday with no presents, only food and lights and family. then it tackled me at the horse barn with not one, but a two horse triumph in grooming and care. a triple joy day came in the form of dearest friends, new flowered barn boots and a surprise beerman made of snow. and now, the winterlude with its string of days off and the busyness of rest and reading and digging out a dusty box of collage paraphernalia for a project that will not wait another second and hence, the cheater's chili from stove top while gluing said paraphernalia onto a garbage-picked thing at the kitchen table.

i have gained weight and i am lighter. wrinkles creep in and i am younger. the soles of my feet hurt and i am dancing for joy.

6 comments:

  1. this, all of this just made me smile, BIG. even though you are just exactly right, it is little. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Love all around!

    ReplyDelete

  3. شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل بالمدينة المنورة
    شراء الكنب بالمدينة-شراء غرف نوم بالمدينة-شراء مطابخ بالمدينة-شراء غرف سفرة بالمدينة، كل ما ترغب في بيعه من الاثاث المستعمل نشتري منك بأفضل الأسعار للأثاث المستعمل، نتميز بخدمة عملاء دائمة لتلقي رغبات عملائنا في أقل وقت وحتى لا يصبح الاثاث المستعمل يشكل عبء في منزلك أو تتعرض لمن يبخث حقك ولن يقدر الاثاث بأمانه، لا تترد للإتصال بنا عندما تحتاج لمكان أفضل تبيع فيه الاثاث المستعمل بأعلى سعر، شراء اثاث مستعمل بالمدينة المنورة بأسعار عالية ومرضيه لعملائنا.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's weird, because I myself compartmentalize music, so when people ask me who's Coach Outlet Sale my favourite singer or band I ask, "Well, which genre?" But I think that's so unfair of me. It makes me a hypocrite, because when people label me, I'm like, Michael Kors Outlet Online "Man, you can't box me! [Laughs] For me, it's all who has some form of emotion in their singing, whether that be angry or sad. The voices are what hook me.

    Would this be a good Cheap Air Force Ones cold day activity?Yes New Yeezy Shoes No Unsurecan you take the bus to the port from Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale Jolly. How far a walk to the bus from Jolly and when you get off to the port? IS it safe ? Is the shopping inexpensive?What else is there, there? Thank you!September 21, 2018AnswerHide all answersAre you sure you Coach Handbags Clearance want to delete this question?DeleteConfirm CancelWhat is your answer?Response from bluize36 Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men Reviewed this property Yes. You can take the bus from right outside of Jolly Harbor, but the bus drops you off at the Central Bus station in St John.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel