Thursday, December 12, 2013

tis the season #6~ of red aprons and spirit



It was an apron that helped me define it. Red, with snowmen clustered on the front, hung from a hook in the hall closet. It was my mother's. She wore it 2 Decembers ago as we baked for the holiday in her kitchen. It was our last time baking together.

This December I rescued the limp apron from its hook and took it home. It was a recent grey day when I put it on. It was then I realized it was my grandmother's apron because it carried the faint scent of her house. My mother had worn her mother's apron for the 2 Christmases she spent without her. (They died less than 2 years apart.) Now, I wear it, infused with the energy and glad enthusiasm of the 2 women who made my holidays magical.

On a recent grey day in a red apron, standing at my own kitchen sink I could define another undertow in the slow process of grief. I am missing and mourning the loss of the deep feminine spirit in my life. That spirit was held and richly shared by 2 German immigrants who insisted on linen tablecloths, full-course exceptional meals and candles on Christmas trees. They held standards and shared them freely through their feminine wiles not only at Christmas, but all through the year. Without them there is so much less heart and warmth. So much less magic.

It is mine now to bring forth that heart, apron-clad and candles burning. Not just for December, but for every moment of every year I feel capable of bringing my essence and ideas to the fore. The red apron made clear to me the troubles of the earth itself, of this life we all live. We, as a collective, are missing the benefits and safety of the deep feminine spirit. Where ever the feminine strengths are lost or shut out, grief, and even insanity, ensues.

Women of all ages, but particularly women of the age of knowing, mid-life and beyond, bring forth your spirit. Bring forth your warmth and compassion and enveloping ways. Share openly your wiles and ideas that usher us back to safety and love and all that we crave at our core. Be the deep feminine spirit. In aprons, in overalls, in business suits, in glitter. However you evoke magic and meaning in this life, bring it.

Bring it strong and without apology.

We are the sustaining spirit of this earth. 

3 comments:

  1. i smiled and smiled ans SMILED all the way through this, so glad you told this story, so glad you are lighting candles and baking and wearing that apron. so glad you are finding ways to keep the magic alive. it's a lonely path full of questions and lots of thorns, and no answers, not really. just "aha!" moments.

    love you, love, you, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm, that should be anD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinhole glasses are eye glasses which are also known as stenopeic glasses, eye exercise glasses Michael Kors Outlet Online and aerobic glasses. The word stenopeic is derived from the Greek words for "little opening". Pinhole glasses are first conceptualized by scientist Scheiner in 1573.

    But having worked with non profits all my professional life I have a hard time swallowing 30% of an organizations budget to comp travel. Will you dig deeper into the accounting, even though the general population Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale is caught up in the wave of hype? I may be cynical, but isn that your role. Keeping them honest?.

    Here I explore 3 small, but potent subjects on a bite size scale. As a boy I would lay Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men on in the grass below a tree looking to the sky through the of leaves New Yeezy Shoes and branches. Squirrels darted above carrying out their daily lives unnoticed. The Thunder put the game Coach Outlet Sale out of reach in the third quarter. Adams threaded the needle to find a cutting Cheap Air Force Ones Patrick Patterson for a dunk, Coach Handbags Clearance then Patterson lobbed to George for a jam that put Oklahoma City ahead 85 61. George scored 17 points in the third quarter, and the Thunder led 100 80 at the end of the period..

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the time you take to comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by. Peace from my heart to yours. xo, Graciel